Subject: OFF TOPIC : Piracy Issue
From: "thROB (Robert Nederhorst)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 16:09:33 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Teoh Soo Beng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >If anyone who have or know where to obtain the user guide for Lightwave 3D,
> please contact me. Thank you.
> 
>         Please note that most requests of this kind are >probably< from pirates.
> 
>         Death to them all.
> 

Well, I think constant piracy is wrong.  There is however an "in between" 
time.  All of us at one time or another were slighly unfortuned.  I, myself , 
do not have a spare $1000 to throw at a 3-D package just to see if I like it.  
There is a good chance I may like it, but an equal chance that I may not.  If 
I don't, what the **** do I do with this program?  Do I lose a few hundred 
bucks on selling it used? NO WAY!  I get the program off the net and then 
when I have enough money to buy it, then I will happily support it.  I have 
done this with numerous software packages.  I am not afraid to say (even on 
this list) that I have done this and will continue to do this.  I will buy 
the product if I like it.  If you think I should die for that, the your 
ethical values are slightly out of alignment.

Well, peace, (I am sure a flame ware will start, so I don my asbestos armour)
Robert

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Robert Nederhorst                                               
[email-masked]
Creative Director
Vivid Graphics                                 
http://geoweb.tamu.edu/~rgn7128